Oh boy! Did that title catch your eye?
I hope it did! I think we all qualify as “the needy” from time to time. I certainly have!
It can (but does not necessarily) mean financial need, but it can also be emotional, medical, physical, spiritual, etc.
How are you “needy” today? Is everything copacetic? Nothing to complain about?
On one hand, if that’s true, I celebrate with you, but on the other hand, to some extent, we all have needs, so if we claim that, we are, well, um, kidding ourselves!
We may not be desperate right now, but there are a few things on our wish list. How could there not be?
- God, please heal my child of this disease, this disability, this behavior.
- Jesus, my marriage is a wreck. We are just, well—disconnected. Is he having an affair?
- Lord, wow, I am really scared about my bills this month. What if they turn the heat off? It’s 20 degrees outside this week.
- My child is hanging with the wrong set of friends and making bad choices. I need him to turn his life around.
- I’m really scared my daughter is going to marry that guy. He’s not good for her.
- My car is about to die, and I don’t have the money for another one right now.
- I am being asked to do something dishonest at work, or I could lose my job. I need a way out of this.
- I can’t get him to stop drinking.
- I found porn on the computer and am not sure how to confront my family members.
- I need more than that prescription is covering to manage my pain. I think I may be dependent.
- Oh my goodness, I really miss him. Why did he have to die so young?
- What if I never get pregnant? Will my husband still love me?
- I forged a check once, and the law caught up with me. Now I’m afraid I’ll lose everything.
You get the idea.
Here’s the thing. Read the rest of this entry »